Thursday, April 8, 2010

Suzie Homemaker

By Melanie

So I finally set up my registry for my wedding. I was reluctant at first since I'm having a destination wedding. I figured that those that are attending already have the travel expense so I don't really expect gifts and for those that can't make it, I wasn't sure if they would want to get us anything. But I guess it's etiquette to set one up in case some people would like to buy us a gift.

I registered at Bed Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel. Wow, I never realized how many home appliances and accessories that are out there. While picking things out I totally felt like suzie homemaker!

source: mirror.uk.com

I found the cutest baking/serving dishes at Crate & Barrel.

source: crateandbarrel.com


Don't you love the scalloped edges?

I wish I could set up a registry at Etsy and Big Cartel. I found the most adorable items on Red Hot Pottery via Etsy.





source: Red Hot Pottery via Etsy
Have you set up a registry before? What was your experience?

6 comments:

  1. Those heart bowls are cute!

    Our registry was actually pretty small. We both had our own apartments and before we got married moved in together will so much stuff, we didn't need much else. We replaced a few ugly things, got some new appliances, etc.

    http://deconstructed-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the heart bowls. We also had a destination wedding, where everyone had to fly in. Yes, we also set up a registry just because it was the thing to do and actually most of the registry gifts came from friends and family who couldn't attend but still wanted to get us something. And also gifts for the bridal shower. We also got gift cards to the stores we registered at, which was really nice to use with the close-out discount they give you after the wedding. You'll be surprised what you do and don't get with destination weddings. I just suggest not expecting anything - then whatever you get is really a bonus!

    Best of Luck and have fun registering!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Registered at the usual type places when I got married a few years ago, but my husband is much more of a cook than I am so he picked out a lot of our stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Crate and Barrel!

    I have been to many destination weddings and always still get the couple a gift... it only happens once :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore those nested heart bowls. Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin