Thursday, March 11, 2010

Model Turned Chef

By Melanie

If you don't know about Daily Candy or have yet to sign up for their emails...you must! This is the best newsletter ever! You can sign up for just your city or nationwide.
Daily Candy is the best guide to your city and offers the inside scoop to just about everything. AND such a treat for your eyes with their super cute illustrations! I can't live without my daily dose!

source: get gingi

As you know, I have been trying (emphasis on trying) to make dinner more often for my fiance, so it was great timing to receive an email from them about a new cook book. They were praising the delicious food creations by model turned chef, Sophie Dahl (her grandfather was the famous children's book author Roald Dahl). She was in the celebrity media years ago for losing a lot of weight...she used to be a plus size model and then got thin. She was a popular model in both categories.


source: 24kredit
Anyway, on to her cook book....Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights.


source: zimbio
I'm can't wait to read this book and try out some new recipes.

source: harper collins




Great photography and and I just love the font.

Some of the dishes that caught my eye.


Stir Fry with Tofu.


source: both food photos from daily candy, get in my belly.
Ooh, cake.

I love deserts and this one looks just scrumptious!

Check out the video of her cooking one of her yummy asparagus soups on Daily Candy here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, she's beautiful! I definitely need to put this book on my list, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some good recipes. I just bought the new Cook's Illustrated Best Recipe book -- over 1,000 recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are these low-cal recipes...or will they make you voluptuous? LOL

    xx00 Lusty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin