Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Sparkle

By Melanie




source: Glamour Magazine

As the holidays approach, so do parties! Along with picking out a fabulous dress for the season, it's a perfect time to glam up the face!


source: the style and beauty doctor

I love shimmer and this is the perfect time to add a little extra sparkle. One of my favorites looks is shimmery eyeshadow. Bobbi Brown has some gorgeous shadows.

source: NJ.com

I like to pair shadow with a glistening lip gloss and for the holidays I really love dressing them up with shimmer. Although, in all honesty, I like to wear gloss every day (usually different shades of pink). I feel bare without it.

Chanel has a very pretty shimmer collection. It's a little pricey (more than my Mac that I love) but it's totally worth it. It lasts a pretty long time too.




source:getprice.com

Pin Up and Seashell are my favorites.


source: Mac Makeup Campaign via the makeup divas

The holidays are a perfect time to look pretty and feel pretty. Just remember that the holiday party is not the time to experiment. Don't go overboard. You don't want shimmer overload. So if your not that great at applying makeup or don't typically add so much shimmer, do a trial run before you head out to the party. You don't want to show up looking like it's Halloween!

What's your favorite holiday makeup?

5 comments:

  1. My favorite holiday makeup- MAC baby!

    Green eye shadow and clear lips!
    (and everything else in between!)

    Happy Holidays!

    Love,
    MG

    *whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you a very merry Christmas! Greetings from Italy,
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi Brown eye shadow is my favorite! The shimmery colors are perfect for the holidays--great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin