Monday, December 14, 2009

When It Rains It Pours!

By Melanie

Friday evening after shopping for Christmas presents, my car broke down! I had to have it towed all the way home. We're in the process of getting it fixed. Ugh! I hate car problems.

source: pricenetwork.ca.com

Luckily my Honda CRV has been pretty good throughout the years. But it's still not fun dealing with car issues! It almost makes me want to get a new car but it's just so nice not having a payment now.

source: Clifford Coffin 1950 Vogue Magazine

So after all the car problems, I enjoyed the rest of the weekend. It was nice staying in and listening to the rain Saturday night. I totally got into the holiday spirit and played some Christmas music and designed my Christmas card! I should get it back from the printers on Tuesday and I can't wait to mail them out.

I used one of the engagement photos that Brian and I toke awhile back (here) and turned it into our Christmas card.

Engagement photograph by Henry Bui at glimseink.com
(Christmas card designed by me)

I wanted it to have a California feeling so that's why I didn't use traditional Holiday colors. I think it turned out cute! Do you like it?
How was your weekend?
side note: Did you see the shocking DEXTER season finale? Whoa! That was intense!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE THE CHRISTMAS CARD!

    lovelovelove

    MG

    *whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute X-mas card. Aww yeah I hear ya about car problems. I have a Honda too. It's usually good but when it's got a problem it totally does. Good luck with fixing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the colors. That would brighten up any mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LUV the card! You gotta stay true to you, so who cares if it doesn't have traditional colors?? :) You two are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an adorable card!

    ps: dexter was SO good last night! i figured she would get killed, but i did NOT expect it then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the card!!!!

    car troubles are the worse...hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhh, the days of non payments. If only!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a SURPRISE!, last Friday my car broked down too. This image from "you might also like" caught my attention cuz this is exactly what i was going through last friday! Btw. Made by Girl mention about you! Great Blog! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin