Thursday, May 21, 2009

Calling All Clowns

photo by vaguely artistic via flickr.

(This clown/ballerina is on top of a cvs in Santa Monica on Main Street. So trippy to see at first and definitely interesting.)

I love stripes done right. I realize that this CAN be a difficult challenge though. If one has too many stripes within a room or if they clash with other decor OR if they are not the right colors, it can look like a circus. But when done right, it really spruces up a room!


I love the pink stripes mix with the yellow, red, lavender and light blue: so pretty!


Three photos above via living etc
This looks lovely with the light blue walls.


photo via southern living

I like the monochromatic use of stripes. What a beautiful and bright porch.
Or maybe just some striped Accessories:
photo via Elle Decor

photo via elle decor
Or on some flat ware.
Stripes are FUN!

14 comments:

  1. I love the clown and the striped stairs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clown! Excellent blog you have going here...following you. Visit me for news on the Indian art scene.
    Arvind
    http://indianartblog.blogspot.com
    Twitter: Art_Advisor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of stripes in decor too!!

    that clown is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im a fan too. i have them painted in my entryway! love the yellow and white on the porch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been playing with stripes a lot lately. They're fun for summer! I took your advice on the burts bees, and I wanted to say thanks! I think I needed a more natural approach. My skin already feels better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stairs are awesome - and brights with stripes is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That clown is hilarious...and even funnier that it sits atop CVS!!

    I love those stairs...they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. That clown is CREEPY!
    2. I love the pictures you found! Especially the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the yellow and white outdoor furniture! super super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! So, yes that morning I combed my hair when I got out of the shower and wrapped it in a towel. I let it down later, didn't touch it - just let it air dry. Later added some of my bf's hair wax and scrunched it in there.

    My hair does have a natural wave, I guess you could say it might always look like that if I never brushed it!

    That said, might not be able to do that again...I'm getting hair extensions tomorrow hehe - so excited but not sure what my "new hair" will want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the first photo - I want to live there. Stripes and floral designs are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin