Monday, September 14, 2009

Scandal at Melrose Place

By Melanie

When CW introduced the new 90210 ,I was excited until I watched an episode and was disappointed. So I was a little sceptical when they announced the new Melrose Place. MP was one of my favorite shows in the 90's so I think it's natural to think the new Melrose can't compare to the original.

photo via dvdactive.com

Doesn't the original cast of MP look so much more sweet and wholesome than the characters of the new MP?

photo via E online

photo via E online

The new cast definitely looks more fierce, worldly and sexier. But let's see if they can live up to the original cast.

After tuning in on Tuesday, I have to admit it was a little bit of a disappointment again. Although it was a delight to see Sidney's character return. She was my favorite bad girl.


photo via E online

She looks as fabulous as she did in the 90's.
Sidney circa the 90's photo via People Magazine

The character's of the new MP have a much better fashion sense. Although I do remember thinking the original characters were so stylish and pretty at that time.

photo via soapnet.com

Hmm...still pretty but not as fashionable as I remember!

The new MP definitely has better style but I have yet to see any male characters as hot as Jake!
photo via dipity.com

Maybe I'm being a little hasty so I'm going to give it another chance this week to deliver!

7 comments:

  1. I don't understand the desire to bring back the classics and ruin them. That's like bringing back Sex
    & The City in 10 years with an awful cast and only SJP comes back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Darrah -- can't they come up with new show concepts?! Nothing can touch the original 90210 and Melrose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... I see they're running out of ideas now... ha.

    Farrah
    stylecrumbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was MAD for the original melrose place! i was ALL OVER IT. and i am scared to try the new one, as i am pretty sure it would make me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Drollgirl...I was obsessed with the original, and this new one will totally make me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...I agree with liz and DG...I feel so old to have a show that I loved remade already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge fan of american series... love all! Melrose Place was so inspiring to me! I still remember a few episodes :)I hope we'll have it in the UK soon...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin