Monday, November 9, 2009

The Big Apple

By Melanie

Finally, NYC photos! As you know, I just went to New York Halloween weekend with some girlfriends. The reason for the trip was that one of the girls was running in the New York marathon (wow)! It was also a birthday! What great reasons to visit this amazing city!

So, I must share some of our adventures in the city.


Empire State building in Midtown.

We stayed in Midtown which was a great location. Right in the middle of all the boroughs. It was a very hustle and bustle area. In the above photo I'm trying to figure out how to get around.



Since we didn't get to see the Statue of Liberty this time, I had to take a photo next to a statue of it!



Below we our way to Soho and Greenwich Village. We toke a few cabs during the trip but it was actually fun to ride the subway.


This is my friend ready to sight see.



I love Soho and Greenwich Village. I think it's my favorite area. It's so quaint and I loved all the restaurants and shops. People were so stylish here.

A pink building!







The buildings are so unique. Such great architecture here.

Lunch time at Diva restaurant in Soho.



Magnolia Bakery!! Being a cupcake connoisseur, I was dying to go here!



The cupcakes were so delicious! I have to say it totally beat Sprinkles here in So Cal. I was in heaven!

That evening we dressed up for Halloween. My friend was an Eskimo and she looked so cute!



I was 80's Madonna. Although I opted for the black lace over the white (mainly because I already had a few pieces of the costume).




Stay tuned for more Manhattan this week!

6 comments:

  1. aw! you should have told me you were in Manhattan!!

    Glad you had a good time in our fair city!

    MG

    *whosthatgamine.blogspot.com*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fabulous time! Those cupcakes look yummy!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you girls had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it looks like you had so much fun! And you all are so pretty! Great blog - good read - following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin