Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lookbook: Power Bun

by Heather
I had no idea Mel was posting about hair buns yesterday; must be sistertuition. Here's my tight bun with a haphazard swirly wrap.

I feel very controlled yet sexy in this outfit...I should have worn my glasses and held a book for a sexy librarian look. As if I was a librarian by day and high class hooker by night. How else can I afford to pay my bills on a librarian salary? Haha, I'm on a tangent.

It was actually way too hot in Santa Monica over the weekend to sport this look, but I was jonesing for some fall getups after countless hours of blogger stalking. I mean it is November! But I relish the warm sun, so I'm not really complaining.



(click on images to enlarge)

Dress from H&M (bought 2 years ago); denim wrap by Killah (bought 6 or 7 years ago on major sale); leather purse (with removable chain and loop attached in the back to fasten to your belt!) from some random shop on Main Street in SM [squealed with joy when I spotted it on sale]; tights from Stocking Shopping (great inexpensive novelty stockings online); boots by 2 Prima from Loehmann's about 3 years ago.

16 comments:

  1. I love that denim wrap!!! You look great! I can never pull off the bun without looking like an out of place ballet dancer. I love the whole look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing denim wrap vest! love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that outfit! You could have worn that in NYC! Buns are truley the best hair do! How funny that we both had this hairstyle on the mind!

    Your sis, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the power bun, earlier in my blog i posted about betty from mad men, dont know if u watch that show, but those updo's are a work of art!

    bespok.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for real fall weather either...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boots, and the black and denim it's such a nice combination...

    I'm checking the stocking shop! I love it!

    XXX

    ...Fio

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh thank you so much, your blog is fabulous, i love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you would so away with the old denim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog girl !!

    I love love the dress and that denim wrap,something new I see <3

    So beautiful and you look chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha i have the opposite problem i really want to try spring looks but it's too cold to not wear tights! i love your little purse it's so rad.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. buns, as a ballet girl, i luuuurve em.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit, and the hair! you have such a pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comment! I love Madonna in "Desperately Seeking Susan."
    I'm so jealous that you're in SoCal, I'm originally from SoCal but transplanted to NorCal and I miss it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the denim wrap!
    Thankyou for the comment on my blog!

    www.constance-victoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin